Is Nicki Minaj The Greatest Actress Ever?!!




Ever since I stumbled on an episode of 106 & Park I have been kinda sorta tuning in everyday (DVR'ing) ...welllll yesterday Nicki Minaj was in the 106 studios promoting Pink Friday Roman Reloaded in RARE form. I mean the voice was high and Nicki's valley hood chic persona was on 100...it was quite comical to see those around her...Cam'ron, Baby/Birdman, 2 Chainz, Rocsi and Terrance...keep a straight face. I actually watched with 2 others and we were either laughing or staring at one another with the stuck face.



check her out in living color...

           

I think Nicki was a little extra because Lil Kim was on not too long ago and received lots of love...mmmm hmmm.

Anywho, Nicki also made a stop over at Power 105.9's The Breakfast Club for an encore performance...









Do you agree with the NY Times writer Jon Carmanica's statement that Nicki is one of the most influential female rap artists of all time...of ALL time?

Here's my issue: I think Nicki's fame is on another level than any other female MCs' partly because of the times. The obsession with celebrity wasn't as it is today as it was back in 1998 or 1989. I think the Carmanica has an argument with her being influential but all influence isn't good influence....a great play on words tho.  I'm liking the way Nicki look and decide to rock a colored wig/weave, butt pads, colored contacts and act outrageous I can say that Nicki Minaj was the inspiration/influence behind my look. The bigger issue is the OF ALL TIME...really of all time? Is time ending today? Someone with Nicki's talent shouldn't so prematurely be granted a title bearing so much weight. This style is not organic. I want to believe she's not stunting this hard but I can't. PLUS I see too many similarities with Gaga minus the hood ditz persona.

Holla at me in 2026  if chicks are still pretending to be Nicki's Barbies THEN she owns the title...until then let's just deal.




source: Power 105.9 , BET

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: Angela Bassett and Tupac

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Awkward Spottings...