Kerry Washington Covers Elle Magazine

Check out Olivia Pope on the cover of Elle magazine's June issue.



"For years she's been Hollywood's best-kept secret, an actress who could give daring performances in blockbusters and indies alike. Now, with a hit TV show and a rare comic turn in theaters, Kerry Washington is finally settling into the star she’s always been."


"I'm the luckiest broad in Hollywood now. To be the lead actor on Scandal and to be in the highest-earning Tarantino movie- I don't get to ask for more." 


"I was not that girl.  I was a kooky theater kid, silly and goofy and academic."


"I found out I enjoy the process. All these people show up at my house, they all have kits, someone has dresses. And it's like, Let's have fun. It's not all about me. We're able to create stories on the red carpet." 


"I imagined I'd be a clinical psychologist, with a focus on how performance shapes identity.I'd figure out ways to use role-playing in the healing of people."

I absolutely love how raw yet fashionable these photos are. Sequins, shimmer and denim!!

I vote that Kerry hire Samira Nasr, the stylist for this cover and spread, as her FULL TIME stylist.

Pick up Kerry's June issue on May 21.



Pics: Horst Diekgerdes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: Angela Bassett and Tupac

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Awkward Spottings...