MOTIVATION...



The highlight of my watching this past Sunday's Oscar Awards was not just that Lupita Nyong'o won an Oscar for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role for 12 Years a Slave it was Lupita's  acceptance speech. I felt it was one of the most genuine moments of the night and VERY inspiring to young women and men everywhere (and some older loves as well).

I've watched her acceptance speech over and over again as well as read the transcript a few times all while still getting the jitters and teary eyed each time. This young women is so talented and sought after right now yet so humble in all her success. This simply proves that our God given talents are enough. No scandal or stunt should ever measure your talent or worth...be you and the best you.

The below speech was not riddled with big words or some prolific message we have yet to figure out it was simply genuine. A genuine display of emotions while in a room filled with posers and people who shouldn't be fit to shine Lupita's shoes BUT it was genuinely heartfelt and inspiring.



Thank you to the Academy for this incredible recognition. It doesn’t escape me for one moment that so much joy in my life is thanks to so much pain in someone else’s. And so I want to salute the spirit of Patsey for her guidance. And for Solomon, thank you for telling her story and your own.
Steve McQueen, you charge everything you fashion with a breath of your own spirit. Thank you so much for putting me in this position, it’s been the joy of my life. [Tears, applause.] I’m certain that the dead are standing about you and watching and they are grateful and so am I.
Chiwetel, thank you for your fearlessness and how deeply you went into Solomon, telling Solomon’s story. Michael Fassbender, thank you so much. You were my rock. Alfre and Sarah, it was a thrill to work with you. Joe Walker, the invisible performer in the editing room, thank you. Sean Bobbitt, Kalaadevi, Adruitha, Patty Norris, thank you, thank you, thank you — I could not be here without your work.
I want to thank my family, for your training [laughs] and the Yale School of Drama as well, for your training. My friends the Wilsons, this one’s for you. My brother Junior sitting by my side, thank you so much, you’re my best friend and then my other best friend, my chosen family.
When I look down at this golden statue, may it remind me and every little child that no matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid. Thank you.




Dream BIG lovers...dream really BIG!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: Angela Bassett and Tupac

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Awkward Spottings...