Halle Berry's 'Extant' Receives Questionable Ratings


CBS' latest big summer swing, the one that lured Halle Berry to TV, debuted on Wednesday night after almost a year of fanfare, but the first episode of Extant came up short of what were undoubtedly loftier ratings goals. Though it averaged a strong 9.4 million viewers, it averaged only a 1.7 rating among adults 18-49. Source

Typically I don't post about ratings but because this is Halle Berry, one of my favs, and I actually watched this show so I'll talk a little about it.

Anywho, Halle Berry's new Steven Spielberg produced sci-fi show Extant premiered last night on CBS. Typically I would hate a show of this nature but again it's Halle Berry, I was fascinated by the first couple events of the show and most importantly I'm not here to see Halle fail.

Now, the show is out there. Very out there but not so much so that people would hate it. If you can watch vampires, werewolves or any other thingamajinga that would make you run on a crowded street you could get into this show.

Although the show did kinda well in numbers category, in my honest opinion the show was poorly promoted. The best promotion the show received was the news of Malia Obama working as a production assistant on set. I feel if more younger people knew about the show they would have tuned in and the numbers would have been even higher.

I'm hoping the news of the high ratings will spark the interest of enough people to tune in and watch...regularly.

In case you forgot, Extant comes on Wednesdays at 9 pm...after Big Brother. If you're not watching for the livelihood of Halle's career watch for me. I like the show and need to know just what the hell is going on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: Angela Bassett and Tupac

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Awkward Spottings...