CONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER: Class of 2015



Everyone knows the months of May and June are notorious for college and high school graduations. With so much negativity surrounding us in this here world we live in we tend to forget our scholars and the hard work as well as dedication they've put in to receive an education.  Sooooooo, Nosee figured she would spotlight a few scholars out there doing the dayum thing!!!



Forest Grove High School in Oregon had a whopping 20 valedictorians out of 400 seniors all of whom made straight As and took at least four advance placement classes.

And if you think that's unheard of then you need to know Vanguard High School in Ocala, Florida had an astounding 27 valedictorians out of 370 graduates. All of whom had straight As in 24 college prep courses and had PERFECT 5.0 weighed GPAs. Since 2012 the school has graduated 99 valedictorians.  And who said our youth of today had nothing on their minds?!



For those of us that didn't quite get it right the first time this next story may be the little motivation that WE need...


There were a lot of celebrities who received honorable degrees this year, which is nothing new, and a few celebs like  Snoop Dogg whose kids graduated but there was one celebrity who actually DID the work and graduated 21-years after enrolling!!!

It's time! 21 years ago I enrolled in college at Drake university as a freshman...that was 1994...I was 18 years old. April 20, 1996 I was chosen and to be a distinguished woman of Zeta Phi Beta sorority iiiiiiiincorporated....transferred to illinois state LE chapter, 1997 dropped out of college to sign a record deal with jive records, dropped 8 albums, a movie, a reality show, threee kids, two husbands, three more labels, the list goes on and on.... But the greatest gift right after my husband and kids is this diploma! I did it! Straight A's no B's, graduating with honors! Suma Cum Laude, ALPHA BETA KAPPA honor society....I did it for my sons to know its never too late! To know to always strive for excellence and leave no stone unturned!! I did it for me! To show myself I can do all things Through Christ who strengthens me!! I did it for all of my fans to know just cause I'm an entertainer doesn't mean education is NOT important! Be inspired! Be encouraged....I could cry right now! It was so hard in the middle of filming, performing, being a mommy, being a wife...I did it😜...and u can too!👍🏽 #SJCollegeGrad #Bachelor #NutritionScience
A photo posted by @syleenajohnson on





In honor of these graduates and all those around the world, this song (dance) is for You!!! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: Angela Bassett and Tupac

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Awkward Spottings...