Chilli Creates Petition After Gossip Site Negatively Targeted Her Son



Rozanda "Chilli" Thomas of Chilli has always been a chill chick but today she isn't chilling on gossip site MediaTakeOut. The site has not only made articles about her 16-year-old son Tron Austin's clothing but his sexuality as well on more than one occasion to the point Chilli is blasting the site and it's owner Fred Mwangaguhunga via petition.

Check out a snippet of the what Chilli has to say in her  petition.

Parents, Celebrities & Media : Stop MediaTakeOut.com from Slandering Minors

    1. Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas
    2.  
    3. Petition by
      Atlanta, GA
Most of you know me as a member of the group TLC, but everyone who knows me personally knows being a MOM is my number one priority. The health and safety of my son means more to me that any accomplishment or achievement I've received being an entertainer. Recently my son was targeted negatively by popular gossip site MediaTakeOut.com. I can't describe the anger I felt at my son being ridiculed continuously by MediaTakeOut.com for no other reason than the fact that he's my son. MediaTakeOut.com has posted numerous false stories about me, and other celebrity friends of mine and while I don't like it, I realize that is a part of what comes with celebrity. However when my 16-year-old son is being attacked, that is when I take off the celebrity hat and become the protective Mother that I am, and I know many of you are.
I totally feel where Chilli is coming from as a mother because a petition would be a last resort for me but as a celebrity doesn't this come with the territory?

In no way am I saying that MTO is right in writing the mess that did, children SHOULD be off limits, but that's just what smut sites like that do.
In an effort to save face Fred has issued an apology.
It has come to my attention that in an article posted on MediaTakeOut.com on October 28th, some inappropriate comments were made towards Tron Austin, the son to Rozonda “Chili” Tomas.
As many of you are aware, MediaTakeOut.com has a strict policy against criticizing children, whether children of celebrities or otherwise. It’s not clear how an article that clearly violated our stated policy was published, but rest assured that I will get to the bottom of it. I plan to take action against the MTO staffer who wrote the article, and put in place additional safeguards to ensure that this doesn’t happen again.
Our sincere apologies go out to Tron, Chili, his family and anyone else that were offended by our comments.
Fred Mwangaguhunga Editor, MediaTakeOut.com

What do you guys think about all of this? You can sign the petition HERE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: Angela Bassett and Tupac

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Awkward Spottings...