Zendaya Drops Out Of Aaliyah Biopic



After all the well wishes from fans/supporters and rejections from the Aaliyah Haughton's family over the past two weeks Zendaya Coleman has opted out of the role of Aaliyah for Lifetime's biopic film Aaliyah: R&B Princess.

The news has been confirmed by Lifetime as well as Zendaya who spoke out about her decision on the red carpet at the BET Awards last night in LA.




"I felt like something with the production [wasn't] all the way there, the project wasn't all the way there," she said. "If I'm going to do something for someone I care about so much, I have to do it the right way."  

"I just felt that because I love her, and because I respected her so much as an artist, I don't want to do anything that's half or anything that's less for her," Coleman said. 

This was a great decision IMO with the last couple weeks now being complimentary press for Zendaya. Good things happen to good people...


Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: Angela Bassett and Tupac

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Awkward Spottings...