Stuart Scott Passes Away At Age 49



I'm not a huge sports fan but I do love the Dallas Cowboys and will admit half the time I don't know what is going on but I know for a fact when we loose or win.

With that said yesterday when I learned of the death of ESPN sports anchor Stuart Scott's passing I was emotionally touched. Touched as in tears, hurt, shock and awe. I wasn't well-versed with his career but I knew who he was. I knew that he had been battling cancer since 2007. I heard his acceptance at this last year's ESPYS where he accepted the Jimmy V Award for Perseverance. Still very very shocked and emotional by his passing but enough about me.

My heart goes out to Stuart's daughters, family, friends, colleagues and even fans. From all that I've gathered today Stuart Scott was an innovator, great dad, great friend and overall just an admirable man whose legacy will live on far beyond our years.

"When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live." - Stuart Scott

RIP, Stu.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: Angela Bassett and Tupac

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Awkward Spottings...