Oscar Worthy Fashions?



Did you guys tune into the 87th annual Academy Awards last night on ABC? Of course I didn't, but did TRY to watch the red carpet on E!. Try being the key word.

Is it me or does it annoy the shit out of you when you see commentators, anchors, reporters, Kardashians and whatever name they call themselves professionally appear to be more glammed than the actual celebs they are reporting on? I mean, I wouldn't expect them to wear jeans and a wife beater but when you're beat to perfection as if you're presenting an award or possibly expecting one we may have went too far. Why should I care what Giuliana Rancic is wearing or why should I know that the Kardashian's stylist. Monica Rose, was on set prepping Khloe and Rancic during the commercials? Everyone is star...

Anywho, from what I could stand I liked Lupita Nyong'o's custom Calvin Klein Collection pearl laced gown in certain shots. In darker backgrounds I thought the dress stood out better than it did fitting in with the bright lights.


I really loved Zoe Saldana, Jennifer Anniston and Reese Witherspoon's safe yet classic looks and simply adored Naomi Watt's gown yet there was nothing frilly nor lace about it.



The E! anchors went slobber mode over Margot Robbie's Saint Laurent look. It was nice but the 'tude she was serving was even better.


Honorable Mentions:
David Oyelowo in all his red velvetness.


Oprah Winfrey and Octavia Spencer for representing the curvy girls tastefully and gracefully...very regal!!


Solanage Knowles for simply staying true to HER style.


Shout out to all the Oscar nominees, winners and all the designers who had their fashion break out moment last night.

Jason Merritt,  Christopher Polk, Frazer Harrison, 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: Angela Bassett and Tupac

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Awkward Spottings...