The 2015 Grammy Awards...

 Larry Busacca/Getty Images North America

Did y'all tune in the the 57th annual Grammy Awards last night on CBS? Well I did...I mean, I tried.

Although the  awards typically send me into give up mode by the first 20 minutes due to having no idea who half the people are, unlike the BET Awards, I however rejoiced with the winners. Especially the new artists.

I can only imagine what is going through their minds...hell even their mothers and friends minds at that moment when their name is called as a Grammy award winner. The shock, all the tears, pain and self doubt that lead to that point must be exhilarating. But other than that I wasn't tuned into the Grammys.

Missed Beyonce...



I saw some of the Rihanna performance of FourFiveSeconds featuring Kanye West and Paul McCartney which I thought was nice.

Kanye did however almost pull a Kanye during the acceptance speech for Album of the Year for which Beck received,



Jay Z was scared for his boy for a second.



What looked like a joke Kanye later on admitted to E! cameras after the show wasn't. He thought Beyonce should have won the award category.


But a little progress was made last night...


All in all the show seemed OK from what I saw. The fashions were OK as well but I thought Beyonce's winning look, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry looked beautiful.



Katy's performance was one of my favs although I didn't see many.


I would have been OK if I missed the whole Sam Smith Show but one performance that I did not see was Sia's of her hit "Chandelier", which I loved before the everyone else caught on. I can't wait to rewatch to see Shia LaBeouf introduce Sia as I have heard with a hand written poem/note from her husband. As usual,  and most Sia fans know, she did NAUGHT show face last night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: Angela Bassett and Tupac

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Awkward Spottings...