Beyonce: Year of 4




So like many of Beyonce stans and haters (hate that word) I watched MTV's and BET's "Beyonce: Year of 4" documentary not too long ago and I must say I truly enjoyed it. I'm not saying that I truly enjoyed it because I am a new borderline stan but because I found it not only inspirational to anyone chasing after their dreams but it was also a cute different Beyonce. Sometimes it seems like if you've seen one Beyonce doc you've seen them all but this time I saw more.

I didn't know she was her own manager. Now I am NOT for one minute going to believe she is doing it on her own, I stick by my theory that Jay is managing her. I also didn't know that she was inspired by an African group of three male dancers on YouTube by the name of Tofo Tofo for that hyped up crip like walk she does in her "Girls" video and actually had them flown in to teach and also dance in the actual video. How cool for them and of her.

What I found really funny was the point when Bey mentioned "competing" and then quickly fixed it by saying competing with yourself to do better...lol that lil comment could've be taken two ways you take your pick.

Anywho check out the documentary if you missed and if you're hoping for that glimpse of Jay and her making intimate love while he raps his lyrics from "Crazy In Love" this is NOT that moment. Now you will get to see his wavy ush bush and blank stare but it ends there...enjoy if you already haven't!



you should check out Essence's July issue with Beyonce on the cover, her write up was very similar to this doc with a few added tidbits, super cute as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: Angela Bassett and Tupac

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Awkward Spottings...