Jill Scott & Son Cover The April Issue of Ebony Magazine



For our viewing pleasure a beaming Jill Scott and her adorable son Jett are covering the April issue of Ebony magazine.


Photos: Ebony 

In this issue Jill speaks a lot about raising her son as a single mother.


On Raising a Boy:“It’s challenging being a single mom … No matter what I do, I’ll never be a man. Ever. I can show Jett how to be a thinker, how to enjoy music or how to feel, and to conquer. But I cannot show him how to be a man.”Jill on Motherhood:“Motherhood is getting your hands and your feet in the soil … When Jett puts my face in his hands and tells me, “Mommy you’re so pretty” or smells me, it’s so wonderful.”On Being a Single Mom:“That I-can-do-it-by-myself mentality is a lie. I’m sorry if I hurt anybody’s feelings, but you cannot do it all by yourself. You need a village: some aunties, grandmoms, friends. I couldn’t do this by myself and would be a fool to think I could.”
I totally sympathize about Jill's feelings for raising a young boy as a single mother but one must question where his dad is? Is he totally out of the picture or is this the story of a woman too proud to seek help but rather stand alone on shoulders on single motherhood with her fist pumped?

Whatever the issue may be Mother still looks pleasantly beautiful in the April issue of Ebony mag hitting stands April 16.





Source


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Kim Kardashian Shows Off Near Perfect Butt Cheeks