Rappers Respond To Kendrick Lamar's "Control" Verse



By now you all have heard Kendrick Lamar's verse on Big Sean's seven minute track "Control" or heard about it, hell it was featured on my local news this morning.



"I'm usually homeboys with the same n----- I'm rhymin' with/But this is hip-hop and them n----- should know what time it is/And that goes for Jermaine Cole, Big K.R.I.T., Wale/Pusha T, Meek Mill, A$AP Rocky, Drake/Big Sean, Jay Electron', Tyler, Mac Miller/I got love for you all but I'm tryna murder you n-----."
Kendrick stole the show (song).

Anywho, the track has ruffled quite a few feathers in hip hop with artists not featured in Lamar's rhyme like B.o.B, Joell OrtizFred the Godson, and Lupe Fiasco issuing comebacks within 24 hours of the song's debut on Monday.





It's obvious this guy was spreading friendly fire among his counterparts. What's so wrong about thinking you're the shit? Dayum near daily you hear someone saying "if you don't love yourself who else will?" but that doesn't go for hip hop? What's wrong with a little competition?

Point blank: The decline in hip hop artists/music is evident. This is a wake up call that's been waiting to happen.
"My Gawd the dead has arisen." -Mister's father 
Luckily not everyone mentioned or not was that mad about the verse.




The verse is dope, but the shocker here isn't just the line it's the deliverer. Kendrick Lamar went hard. People like that especially when you have the talent to back it up.

Now that "king of New York" shit was done with the intent to piss mf'ers off...

"I'm Machiavelli's offspring, I'm the king of New York, king of the coast, one hand, I juggle them both." -KL
A Cali nigga just said he’s the King of NY & u niggas so fucking worried about your relationships, y’all make me sick. - Joe Budden via an erased tweet

Does it sting a little harder is Kendrick didn't mention certain rappers? Mainly the ones responding...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Kim Kardashian Shows Off Near Perfect Butt Cheeks