WHO KNEW: Garcelle Beauvais & Halle Berry BFFs
Garcelle speaks highly of Halle, who wrote the forward in Garcelle's new book I Am Mixed, even entailing some of their girl talk and get togethers.
Garcelle, who recently added book author to her title — her book, “I Am Mixed” hit stores this week — says even though her good friend Halle Berry is having another baby at 46, her factory is closed for business.
“Yeah, I’m done! If somebody comes with a child that’s different, obviously. But I’m done having them!”
Both Halle, who wrote the forward in her new book, and Garcelle have plenty in common. They’re both actresses in their mid-40s and have proved that age truly is nothing but a number.
“I think women are taking care of themselves nowadays, and I think you’re not expired after 40, and it’s a beautiful thing to see that,” she says.
“I think that with age comes with wisdom, age comes with life experience. I feel like I can play more things that are deeper now because I’ve lived so much and I’ve had things happen to me. And I think when you’re 20 it’s hard to play all those layers if you haven’t lived it. So I think it’s good for us. I think it’s empowering, and I hope it’s great for younger girls to start taking care of themselves earlier so they can look great in their 40s. It’s great that we’re not being extinct after 40. So I’m happy about that.”
Garcelle also revealed what she and Halle are usually discussing when the shutterbugs capture them on playdates with their kids!
“It’s really about the kids and co-parenting. We talk about hair! And about kid stuff. In my old neighborhood they had a block party and a block party is like they close off the streets and the kids play and so, of course, I invited Halle and she came and my neighbors were like, ‘No way, is that Halle Berry at a block party?!’ But you know, the kids were playing, eating snow cones and running around and you know being a mom there’s so many things that you can talk about,” she says laughing. “We don’t talk about beauty secrets!”
Read the entire write up HERE.


Comments