VIDEO: NeNe Leakes Dances African Tribal Number With Derek Hough


I've yet to catch NeNe Leakes live and in action on ABC's Dancing With The Stars but today I ran across a video of Leakes with stand in partner, multiple DWTS winner, Derek Hough from last week. Due to a scheduled week only shake up on the show NeNe didn't get the chance to dance her "Grown Woman" African tribal number with Tony Dovolani her originally scheduled partner.



Maybe I need to see the other dances. I thought NeNe looked good but the facial expressions...chile. Maybe she was channeling her inner African Beyonce.

I've decided I'm not going to get any messier than the back of NeNe's wig with this routine...

He [Derek] said, 'Hunni nobody can do this, you're the only person here who can do this. You're always the queen bee, and fabulous, and over the top, so there's nobody else here who can do an African tribal dance. You're the only black girl here.' I thought that was creative and awesome and I was like whaaaat?! I've only been to Africa one time I don't know what they do over there, but let's try it!
And then. Oh my God. Lemme tell you. Derek and our amazing wardrobe department came up with the theme for the costumes, and how the set would look with all the fire and tribal stuff. There was a glitch in our dance where the music started way before we were supposed to start. We were supposed to hear some African beats first, and Derek would start dancing first, and then I would start dancing next.
But the beats did not come in! And all I could see was Derek at the bottom of my feet saying, "Rip your skirt off! Let's go! Just rip it off! Let's go, let's go, let's go!' and I just thought, 'Oooooh my God!" But we just did it, and we had fun doing it. - NeNe's DWTS E! Blog 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: Angela Bassett and Tupac

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Awkward Spottings...