NEW VIDEO: Weird Al Yankovic "Tacky (Happy Parody)"



Weird Al Yankovic has a new album coming out soon Mandatory Fun which typically means new music and new issues for the parody singer but that wasn't the case this time around.

As told to Billboard.com 

"I was very lucky --  this is my first album in a long time that didn't have any actual drama," Yankovic, who's had low-key tussles with the likes of James Blunt and Eminem in the recent past, tells Billboard. "It seems like my last few albums have always had some problems around the release, and this is the first time where I've gotten everybody that I wanted, and I couldn't be happier about it."
My manager was having a time tough getting a hold of Pharrell through his representatives," Yankovic recalls. "In the meanwhile, I somehow -- and I'm not at liberty to say how -- got Pharrell's personal e-mail address and I sent him an e-mail requesting permission, and he could not have been nicer. He sent me a very sweet e-mail back immediately saying he'd be honored. I was just blown away. He was just the sweetest guy."



If Pharell doesn't mind neither do I...plus it's catchy as well as tacky as hell!!

"Mandatory Fun" -- Yankovic's first release since 2011's "Alpocalypse" -- also features parodies of Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" (as "Handy"), Lorde's "Royals" ("Foil") and Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive" (as "Inactive"); for the latter, members of Yankovic's band and studio team reached out to Imagine Dragons' camp for assistance in getting particular sounds, with complete cooperation. "In fact, I was sent a photo of me with their bass player (Ben McKee) when he was, I think, 12 years old," Yankovic says. "He was a fan from way back, so I would imagine he was happy about the parody."
No specific single has been released from "Mandatory Fun;" instead Yankovic has put together videos for eight of the songs, which began rolling out one each day starting on July 14. A "big tour," Yankovic says, is on tap for 2015. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: Angela Bassett and Tupac

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Awkward Spottings...