Chris Rock Files For Divorce After 19 Years



Another considerately legitimate marriage in Hollywood has ended. I would say another "black marriage" but as divorce has gotten so rampant these days publicly and personally in many of our lives it obvious to see this is beyond a color/race issue. But that little known fact won't stop me from saying I do hurt a bit inside from disappointment when I see legitimate marriages fail especially after so many years.

Anywho, Chris Rock and his wife philanthropist  Malaak Compton-Rock are the newest residents on the divorce scene. The two have been married a whopping 19-years with two children and are no strangers to marital issues. Having toyed with the idea of divorce back in 2006 only to have rumors of a child Chris conceived outside the marriage surface 3-years later this news of the Rocks'  splitting may not come as a surprise to many.

Malaak confirmed the news yesterday (Dec 28) via PEOPLE mag as well as Chris' attorney Robert S. Cohen ...Chris filed them papers.


"After much contemplation and 19 years of marriage, Chris and I have decided to go our separate ways. Being fortunate enough to lead a life of service by working with those most vulnerable makes me well aware of life's blessings, even when faced with difficulties."  

"While recognizing that this is a significant change, my children remain at the center of my life and their well-being is my top priority. It is in this spirit that I sincerely ask that their privacy and the privacy of our family be respected during this transition in our lives." 
 

"Chris Rock has filed for divorce from his wife, Malaak. This is a personal matter and Chris requests privacy as he and Malaak work through this process and focus on their family.” 

I wish the Rocks and their family nothing but the best and hopefully the divorce doesn't get too ugly. If it does me and my biased Chris Rock loving self will not post about it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: Angela Bassett and Tupac

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Awkward Spottings...