Nicki Minaj And Meek Mill Plan To Wed



It's official Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill are ENGAGED!!

After a whirlwind relationship of about all of two weeks and a world tour with the recently back on the market Minaj and recently released from jail Mills, who didn't see marriage in the air for the twosome?

Nicki confirmed the news via Instagram with a stunning heart shaped engagement ring.

A photo posted by Nicki Minaj (@nickiminaj) on

I'm not even going to seem like a hater and state the obvious...I'll just say that ring is a beauty.

"This looks like a 15-carat fancy yellow heart modified brilliant cut diamond mounted in platinum with a double halo of white pavé diamonds," Morgan Shara of MASbisjoux jewelry told E! News. "This would retail for approximately $500,000..."

However, I will state that this union seems way to convenient including the tour, album guest appearances and not to mention Nicki just broke up with her longtime boyfriend/hypeman of over a decade. Either these two were hard on one another before or I'm not buying it. Unless they get married tomorrow I don't see it happening. Hell, in most pics Meek doesn't even look convinced!! Expect a statement after the tour is over.

I simply feel the Hollywood types use engagements/marriages and children as status symbols? As if they have arrived due to an increase in popularity. And it is that increase in popularity that I feel makes folks jump the gun way too quick or better yet arrange situations like Nicki and Meek's for the sake of publicity.

What’s your biggest fear?That I’ll become so consumed with work that I’ll forget to live my personal life to the fullest. If I’m done with my fifth album and I don’t have a child by then, no matter how much money I have, I would be disappointed, as a woman, because I feel like I was put here to be a mother. I have definitely put off the wife thing because I don’t want people in my business. I’d rather not do anything that’s going to be on paper but I definitely will be married before I have my baby. I want to make sure I do it in that order. I’ve always felt like that since I was young; my mother always put that in my head. By the fifth album, I will have walked down the aisle and I will at least be on baby number one, possibly baby number two. [Laughs.] And have $500 million. - Nicki Minaj for Complex 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: Angela Bassett and Tupac

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Awkward Spottings...