FASHION PAUSE: Wanna Know What Beyonce's Assistant Wears To Work?



On one account I would believe being Beyonce's assistant would be a glamorous gig but another note judging from the singer's busy schedule it would have to be nothing but hectic. And what does one wear to to a hectic job working alongside of of the biggest entertainers of our time?

A little something like this...


Sam Greenberg may just have one of the most envied careers in the world for she is Beyonce's personal assistant. However, if you know anything about Queen Bey you must know that she is a hard working perfectionist with a grueling schedule that takes her all around the world which in turns means her assistant must work just as hard.



While many may envision the role of personal assitant to Beyonce as a dazzling breeze it is anything but that. Sam dished to Vogue about her coveted gig and day to day life alongside Beyonce including her typical uniform as well as travel muts haves.
Quality Control 
I believe heavily in the quality of the clothes that you purchase—good materials are important to me. I try to take pride in things I wear. I also think it is important to wear designers like Proenza Schouler and Balenciaga in a way that is super functional. Do not be afraid to walk in something and don’t worry that it may get ruined, just wear it for what it is. You can wear it with a pair of sneakers to make it functional but also really fashionable.Comfort FirstI definitely don’t wear heels most of the time, because I’m always on my feet and running around. I try to stick to really cool flats and sneakers. I’m a big fan of Common Projects right now. I have about four pairs of those that I rotate. I also have a Stella McCartney platform that she is selling this season. They are my new favorites because they give me a little height but I can still run and walk around in them. Especially being in New York City, it’s nice to have something comfortable. 
 What to Carry On the Run 
I’ve gone through a number of different suitcases over the past two-and-a-half years. I’ve done Tumi, but my suitcase now is from when I went to camp because it is the biggest duffel I could find! I had one of those big Balenciaga overnight bags that I beat to death. Then I moved onto the Proenza Schouler PS 1 but the big version so I can stuff a bunch of stuff in there. Every bag that I carry without wheels has to have a large shoulder strap so I can throw it over my shoulder and run.
 Work to Play and Back Again 
I wear something that is comfortable and that can easily transition into work. Sometimes we get off the plane and go straight to a show or to a meeting. I always make sure it isn’t “too sweatpants and sweatshirt.” I wear overalls [by Topshop], which are really comfortable on planes. I definitely wear flats—Chanel espadrilleshave been my favorite things for the past two years—they are like bedroom slippers, but look good with a lot of things. I also have some great Balenciaga jackets because they dress up what I could be wearing in case I need to run out somewhere nicer. I have the “Join A Weird Trip” Balenciaga jacket and it makes things look a little bit cooler.
 Back to Black 
If I’m on tour, I’m absolutely wearing black backstage. I’ve always worn black, so it wasn’t too much of a challenge. It’s to blend into the background; people won’t have to see a person in a bright pink top running back and forth on stage. And if there are times I have to go out in the crowd during a performance, I don’t want to be noticed. If it is a summer tour, I have two or three black rompers that I live in. If it is winter tours, I wear jeans, sneakers, and sometimes even some Beyoncé merchandise because that is usually black too, so that is helpful to blend in.

Good Merchandise Makes Everything Easier 
The pieces are curated so well and they are designed in such a cool way. Whether it is throwing on a sweatshirt that says “Surfboard” to go to the gym or putting on one of the T-shirts under a Levi’s denim jacket, it’s really functional and cool—you don’t feel like you are walking around with a big Beyoncé face on you! You have some cool nod to her that everyone understands, but is also really chic as well.
 It’s Not About Standing Out 
I try to blend in the background as much as possible. Being on the red carpet is the most glamorous, but for me, like for the Grammys this year, I wore a pair of black jeans and a black tank top and then I put on my Stuart Weitzman thigh-high Highland boots. They [the shoes] make my outfit a little bit nicer, but still comfortable and functional.
 Wherever Beyoncé Is, Great Clothes Will Follow 
We jumped off the New Zealand Sky Tower and I had a really cute blue onesie on. When I was on the shoot for “On The Run,” we shot a whole bunch of footage for the actual show and we were in the desert and it was really cold, even in the middle of Los Angeles. I snuck into the wardrobe trailer and pulled out a big fur and threw that on. It is always fun to play dress-up, because on shoots especially there are always great things. 
It’s All About Who You Work For 
I think that in this job it is about looking clean and looking cool, and not trying to be much in the spotlight because that isn’t why you’re there. It is also representing whom you work for. For me, the fun of it is walking in and seeing that B’s stylist has pulled something from what I have or vice versa. It is a cool experience to learn from her and curate my taste along with hers because she is quite the style icon.
Although Sam isn't ripping the runway daily she has a love for high end items I see...but I'm sure she can afford it being Beyonce's assistant!! You can't deny one way or another that Sam definitely has a cool ass job.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: Angela Bassett and Tupac

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Awkward Spottings...