The Attendees Of The Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party

I managed not to look at the pics from the Clive Davis annual Pre-Grammy party for a few days but I gave in last night and I must say the pictures are a tad bit disturbing. Not only do I think I couldn't have attended the party, but if I had to I know I wouldn't be all smiles knowing that Whitney Houston's lifeless body lies 3 floors up all while I pose for cameras, drink and take on normal festivities of a party...I know I couldn't have. Many of the first guests to arrive were able to see the crime lab truck still parked outside of the hotel...

Take a lookse...







There are reports that Miss Ross, who was honored at the party, managed to perform and not even mention Whitney's name...hmph.

Brandy and Monica were scheduled to perform at the event as I stated earlier this week...Brandy looks distraught, as if she doesn't want to be there. Poor thang.



Since this party Sharon Osbourne and Chaka Khan have spoken out about their disgust for the party still going on. Celebs like Gabrielle Union actually explained their reasoning for attending the event knowing Whitney had passed in the very same building that night.



 

Am I overreacting? Maybe those in attendance felt that this party would be a memorial or moreso a tribute to Whitney and not attending would've been disrespectful....maybe.

Comments

dbarnes214 said…
Though people handle death differently...but I know for me if I was one of those who were very close to her and I was so called devasted by her death, there is no way I could've attended or even more so, give a speech on it. It just seemed that so many were saddened by it, but it didn't affect them the way they claimed (devasted). I mean for me personally, there is no way I could've spoken on it so calmly and without crying...I would have just been boo hooing all night. And maybe some did, but aside from Kelly Price, I haven't seen that...but like I said that's me, my opinion...everyone mourns differently.#loveyourblogyougogirl!
Rosee said…
Wonderfully put...I too can only speak for myself and I wouldn't have set foot in that hotel nor any party for that matter that night. A Clive Davis party at that!

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Kim Kardashian Shows Off Near Perfect Butt Cheeks