Pics: 2012 Summer Spirit Festival
I had the pleasure of attending the annual Summer Spirit Festival this weekend in Columbia Maryland with talents such as Eric Roberson, Estelle, Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, Common and Erykah Badu gracing the stage as well as a tribute to the late great Chuck Brown.
Check out a few of my pics I snapped. I never claimed to be Steve McCurry so please bare with me.
Trust me when I say Common is fine! Far or close, big or small his beauty can be captured...
I took many more pics but who has time to squint while doing a handstand on one hand in order to make out the pic? I know I don't. Luckily my headliner pics of Common and Erykah were semi decent.
Here’s a few pics my buddy James took. Did you think I wouldn’t have back up?!
I love concerts of this sort. There’s always some artist that you’ve slept on (translation: weren’t a fan of) but once you see them live you’re an instant “where have I been” fan…I’ll keep the artist(s) to myself, no need for the “you late!” comments.
Big shout out to Eric Roberson's background vocalist/dapper hypeman...job well done!Anywho, great show brought to us by CD Enterprises...I had a ball!
Check out a few of my pics I snapped. I never claimed to be Steve McCurry so please bare with me.
Trust me when I say Common is fine! Far or close, big or small his beauty can be captured...
I took many more pics but who has time to squint while doing a handstand on one hand in order to make out the pic? I know I don't. Luckily my headliner pics of Common and Erykah were semi decent.
Here’s a few pics my buddy James took. Did you think I wouldn’t have back up?!
Growing up in the DC area I have come to love go-go music, it was no surprise to me that the Chuck Brown Tribute, which I thought was well orchestrated, would end up being one of my favorite performances of the evening.
I love concerts of this sort. There’s always some artist that you’ve slept on (translation: weren’t a fan of) but once you see them live you’re an instant “where have I been” fan…I’ll keep the artist(s) to myself, no need for the “you late!” comments.
Big shout out to Eric Roberson's background vocalist/dapper hypeman...job well done!
Comments