In Oprah News...




Oprah Winfrey and her OWN network are doing something that I am not surprised at all about. The Big O and OWN are  helping a brother out by giving their dear friend Tyler Perry another chance in the sitcom world (as if he really needed a hand) by partnering with him on two new scripted series in 2013. In case you didn't know Tyler has and has had sitcoms on TBS that have already been cancelled (House of Payne and Meet The Browns) and one (For Better Or For Worse) still in running and will continue to do so without new shows in the future.

Both Tyler and Oprah have released statements regarding the joint venture.

As I sit here in Atlanta, it's raining an abundant rain. It makes me think of my mother. She loved the rain and I do too. It is befitting that this announcement would be made on a day like today. Yes it's true, Oprah and I have joined forces. We've formed a partnership for OWN and I'm super excited about it. I'll fill you in more as we get closer to the airing of my shows. I have a lot of questions for you about this, so stay close, OK? I need your help.

Alex Cross is out in 18 Days!



"I have been looking forward to the day when we would be in the position to enter the world of scripted television. That day has come," said Oprah Winfrey, CEO, OWN. "We are all energized by the opportunity to collaborate with Tyler who has a proven track record for producing highly successful cable series. He has an incredible ability to illuminate life stories and characters in his unique voice and inspires and encourages people all over the world." source

According to the New York Post  Perry was wanting to take over the TV Guide Network renaming it Tyler TV in a collaboration with Lionsgate Entertainment but his venture with the Big O, which includes Tyler having equity OWN, seems as if it trumped that thought for a long while.

I can't wait to see what this coupling does, I want to believe Tyler will be releasing all new shows and characters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Kim Kardashian Shows Off Near Perfect Butt Cheeks