Will Smith As 'Django'?



Who knew Will Smith was offered the role of Django in Quentin Tarantini's film Django Unchained which was ultimately played by Jamie Foxx? You did?! Well I didn't, but now I do and I also know why Will rejected the role.
“Django wasn’t the lead, so it was like, I need to be the lead. The other character was the lead!” - Will Smith  
Smith says that before he left the project, he even pleaded with Tarantino to let Django have a more central role in the story. “I was like, ‘No, Quentin, please, I need to kill the bad guy!’” (Ironically, Waltz was considered a supporting actor during his Oscar-winning award season, while Jamie Foxx was promoted as the movie’s lead.)
 But no hard feelings: Smith was a big fan of the final product. “I thought it was brilliant,” he says. “Just not for me.”

source

Hmmm...I'm actually at a loss of words on this one. I think it's swell that Will knows his place in Hollywood yet some could take this as a little shade at Jamie Foxx.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO: Nas Performing "Daughters" + Album Release Party Pics

Kim Kardashian Shows Off Near Perfect Butt Cheeks