Beyoncé Does It Again...
By now you should know that I Beyoncé has released a new album, her fifth, aptly titled Beyoncé. The album was very hush hush, we knew she was working on one but what we didn't know was when it was dropping.
Bey's new album hit iTunes at 12 am (Dec 13...1+3= 4) for $15.99 with very little promotion only an Instagram post alerting the BeyHive.
The album is being pushed as a visual album with 14 new songs and 17 videos. According to her Bey's label physical copies of the album will be available Thursday with a CD/DVD becoming available before the Christmas holiday.
The album features production by Timbaland, The Dream, Hit Boy and Pharrell Williams as well as features from Jay Z, Blue Ivy, Drake, Frank Ocean and more. Former bandmates Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams along with some of the album features including Blue Ivy will make an appearance on the visual album.
You may ask why she did this and I have a great answer. Marketing genius. Not only is she and Jay Z on this new rules kick but this is a strategic game changer. I always hear experts say create something no one else has which Bey has done as well as created something just about no one else can do.
"I didn't want to release my music the way I've done it. I am bored with that. I feel like I am able to speak directly to my fans. There's so much that gets between the music, the artist and the fans.
"I felt like I didn't want anybody to give the message when my record is coming out. I just want this to come out when it's ready and from me to my fans." -Beyonce
How many artists could put the fate of their career in their fans hands with little to no promotion? How many people would even garner this much news? And how appropriate to release the album right before the holidays...did you update your Christmas list to Santa yet? Or maybe we should call Bey Santa while she's dropping off gifts in the middle of the night.
I think it's time we bow down to the Queen for even trumping the thieves...not one bootlegger can say they had this album BEFORE it dropped.
Bey knows how to get you when you're hot...
One question here, if this album does bad or well will Bey promote it later? Or just let it be IF it flops or does well? I say if it flops it'll be a "it was for the fans" or "they asked for it". Who knows, we shall see.
Tracklist:
1. Pretty Hurts
2. Haunted
3. Drunk in Love (feat. Jay Z)
4. Blow
5. No Angel
6. Partition
7. Jealous
8. Rocket
9. Mine (feat. Drake)
10. XO
11. ***Flawless (feat. Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche)
12. Superpower (feat. Frank Ocean)
13. Heaven
14. Blue (feat. Blue Ivy)
Comments