Beyonce Wanted To Follow In Madonna's Footsteps...
During a screening of her visual album in NYC, Beyonce answered questions from fans via Instagram and spoke of aspiring to walk in the independent footsteps of pop icon Madonna.
"I felt like I wanted follow in the footsteps of Madonna and be a powerhouse and have my own empire," she said to cheers from the crowd. "And (to) show other women when you get to this point in your career, you don't have to go sign with someone else and share your money and your success, you can do it yourself."
This sounds like a hustler move and we know Bey hasn't hustled a day in her life...illegally. All she is doing is cutting out the middle man who would just so happen to see more money than she would and she is the one pushing the talent. Why sell your work to the tune of someone else's beat? Bey has surpassed the re-up stage IMO.
Anywho, I know a lot of people seem to be astonished by Beyonce's new album and raunchy material but it's the message that she isn't singing that I am more impressed with. This woman is in charge of one of the best careers in the game...HERS. She exemplifies what women can do with determination (and some talent) and by knowing your worth.
Anywho, I know a lot of people seem to be astonished by Beyonce's new album and raunchy material but it's the message that she isn't singing that I am more impressed with. This woman is in charge of one of the best careers in the game...HERS. She exemplifies what women can do with determination (and some talent) and by knowing your worth.
On releasing the surprise album:
"I was terrified. I was so scared. I already envisioned like the worst things that could happen. I was really nervous because this was a huge risk."
About opening up personally on the album:
"I'm very private and I'm very respectful, and I think it just took me no longer being someone's child — once I became a mother, I felt like I could tear those fourth walls and I just felt like it was time. I completely feel liberated."
The intent of the album:
"I took all of my insecurities, all of my doubts, all of my fears and everything I've learned over the 17 years and I applied it into this project. But more than the music — I'm proud of myself as a woman ... the biggest message is owning your imperfections and all the things that make you interesting, because I refuse to allow someone to put me in anyone's box."

Comments